Are you passionate about giving?
We are always on the lookout for mentors who are passionate about playing a vital role in supporting our entrepreneurs. Mentors are the glue that helps to bind what our entrepreneurs learn in our business skills training to the practicalities of doing business. They provide important depth and breadth to our programme by sharing their own experiences and lessons-learned and helping to guide our entrepreneurs in their entrepreneurial journeys.
To bring together ‘best fits’ from our global network of business leaders and community of entrepreneurs, we use an online mentorship platform that intelligently matches mentors and mentees. By assessing the entrepreneur’s needs, the mentor’s expertise and overall personality fit, we facilitate pairings that provide mutual benefit to both parties. We also have a dedicated Entrepreneurial Programme Manager who manages the matching process and guides the mentor and mentee along their 6-month mentorship relationship.
Why is mentoring important for our entrepreneurs?
- Our approach to the development of entrepreneurial skills is practical and experiential. Mentoring accelerates learning and the development of entrepreneurs by having focused conversations rather than simply learning how to apply theory to practice.
- Mentoring keeps the mentee focused on the business priorities, goals and sustainability of the business.
- It builds resilience to help the mentee meet the challenges of a growing business.
- Starting a business can sometimes be a lonely activity. Mentors can listen, encourage and give a little tough love when needed, making the difference between growth and stagnation, our guidance can make the difference between growth and stagnation in a young company.
How do you become an official Branson Centre mentor?
- Must be an entrepreneur and/or an executive
- Must have 5 years’ experience running your business
- Must have 7 years work experience on executive/board level or 10 years combined experience
- Must be willing to offer four hours (2 hours face to face) once a month for 6 months.
- The mentoring programme requires four hours of mentoring (two hours face to face) once a month on a voluntary basis.
- The mentoring agreement signed between the mentor and mentee is for a duration of six months.
How do mentors benefit?
- The coach / mentor plays a very important role in transferring knowledge to the individual and helps the person in enhancing his personal and professional growth. • Increased job satisfaction
- Further enhancement of their own skill level
- Advantage of their own professional and personal development; new entrepreneurs have fresh energy and enthusiasm, and often inspire their mentors to rekindle their passion for their own businesses.
- Enhanced skill in problem analysis and strategic thinking; Mentors can tap into brand new approaches to solving business challenges.
- Develops self-esteem; A strong sense of accomplishment and satisfaction comes from passing on knowledge and wisdom to those who are beginning their journey.
If you are ready to commit and fit the above mentioned criteria please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We work closely with local and international partners including Virgin businesses and are always on the lookout for those that share our vision to join us. With your help we will develop the most promising talent in South Africa to get on their feet, start businesses, create jobs and become the business leaders of the future. Wanting to partner with the Branson Centre in South Africa? Please contact us here.